See more images from the event in the photo gallery below.
Crystal D celebrated the 16th year of its annual employee appreciation event, “WOW Day.” The event aims to recognize hard work and dedication throughout 2017.
“Executive Assistant Amy Felton started planning the event sometime this (past) summer,” explains Jen Jezierski, marketing coordinator. “It takes a lot of work and planning, but it's something everyone looks forward to every year.”
Employees meet off-site at 7:30 a.m., get an annual headshot taken, and enjoy coffee and breakfast before kicking off a day of games, gift giving, and presentations about the past year, as well as President and CEO Chuck Dahlgren’s vision for the next year.
The Value Champions are nominated throughout the year by their peers for embodying Crystal D's five core values. Final selections are made by the management team. This year’s winners include:
- Grand Value Champion: David Schaeppi, production
- Integrity Value Champion: Joe Christensen, art
- Quality Value Champion: Derek Edwards, production
- Respect Value Champion: Eric Wiberg, customer service
- Commitment Value Champion: Jake Calleja, customer service
- Passion Value Champion: Mike "Zito" Vitali, production
Calleja, winner of the Commitment Value Award, says, “Becoming a Value Champion makes me feel proud to be respected by my peers. It feels great that my peers and the management team see the hard work I put in.”
He adds, “I feel blessed to work for such a great company … I'm really looking forward to helping out with planning events.”
Twelve other awards were distributed during WOW Day, including the Leadership Award, given to Rich "Fiish" Irvine, production manager. "Richie has become a true leader in this organization," said Dahlgren at the event. "The organization looks to you for guidance, and we appreciate everything you do for us."
Other winners include:
- Rookies of the Year: Lexi Kurttila, marketing; and Tawauna Garner, customer service department
- Rising Star: Jim Burke, business development; and Ehgay Poe, production
- Expect Excellence: Jen Contreras, marketing
- Attitude: Becca Delaney, business development
- Step Up: Brenda Peralta, customer service; and Linda Chang, production
- Above and Beyond: Tom Warkel, solutions; and Lee Yang, IT
- Volunteer of the Year: Darlene Sheetz, accounting
- Leadership Award: Rich "Fiish" Irvine, production
For more information on this event, visit the Crystal D blog.