When a search engine crawls your website, it wants to know:
- What products and services does this website have to offer?
- Does this website include pricing?
- Is this website registered in any local directories, and if so, are they located close to the user performing the search?
- Which websites does this link to and which sites link to them?
- Does this website have any social media accounts?
The list, of course, goes on forever, but you need to tell the search engines that you are a great choice for internet users typing in keywords related to your business. Be sure to stay focused on relevance. Linking to and from a towing company will not improve your relevance if your products and services target an audience related to youth sports, for example.
—Kelly “Rags” Ragland, Rags to Stitches Productions