Beyond apparel, these are the most popular soft substrates recommended for heat-applied decoration:
- Hats are always a popular pick, from caps to beanies and bucket hats, they present a great sales opportunity.
- Bags are also a popular choice with backpacks, cinch sacks, laptop cases, and duffel bags providing ample decorating opportunities.
- With the right heat press, balls can also be heat applied and used as promotional items, keepsakes, or trophies.
- Stadium chairs or cushions are an excellent add- on item for sports business.
- Similarly, Pop-Up tents and banners make for excellent tailgate or spirit sales.
- Aprons are great gifts and even promotional items for business clients.
- Personal accessories are also ideal for heat decorating with headbands, gloves, scarves, socks, shoes, belts, and bandanas.
- Can Koozies are always a winning sale – a great way to show team spirit or commemorate an event.
- Dog clothes and accessories – people love their dogs. Heat applying decoration on dog coats, leashes, and collars presents a great money-making option. Reflective heat transfer materials make them safer too.
- Tablecloths, chair covers, dishtowels, pillows, or cloth napkins are home décor items that make great gift options.
—Debra Romalia, STAHLS’