We have all heard that a zebra’s stripes don’t change, and because of that statement, we know those we meet come with a distinctive reputation that stays with them, as does ours. This isn’t to say that we or others cannot change, but it takes a lot of planning and structuring of the techniques of us and our business.
Consider these questions when deciding if and how you will rebrand your business…
• Do we want a subtle or dramatic change?
• Are we willing to be proactive or reactive?
• Is this a new business or an existing business that thinks a new brand will change who and what they are?
• Are you looking for a new audience or just an additional audience?
• Is a merger or acquisition at hand?
• Are you making personnel changes?
• Will your existing clients care?
• Do you plan a “New Grand Reopening?”
• Do you have a press release prepared and a date to rebrand?
— Stephen L. Capper, A-1 Awards, Inc.