- Draw an object of any shape (a square is a good option).
- Fill the shape with black and make the outline a hairline (or whatever cues your laser to cut rather than engrave).
- Run a job that will print the fill and cut the hairline using only enough power on the cut to make a mark rather than cut all the way through.
- Check up close to see if the cut line is even with the edges of the engraved areas on all sides.
- Repeat this in each corner of your work area as well as on the rotary device.
If everything lines up, you’re good to go. If not, check your manual or with your manufacturer’s technical support team for instructions on how to get them in sync.
—Jim Puentes, COOLaserCraft