Be the store that not only piques the imagination, but also helps your customers shop for coordinating items. Consider stocking your shop with these personalized gifts for special occasions:
- Embroider a beautiful set of towels for an imaginary bride as a shower gift. Use a monogram that allows you to give the towels as a gift or put them in your own bathroom. Maybe you have a wedding coming up, so get the gifts ready early and use them as a catchy display!
- Add some matching robes stitched with His and Hers.
- How about a black cap with the GROOM embroidered in white and a white cap with BRIDE embroidered in black? While you’re serving up those caps, stitch two that read Bride’s Mom and Bride’s Dad and a set for the Groom’s family as well.
- Bridesmaids or groomsmen gifts are part of the wedding celebration so check out your source books and the aisles at the trade shows and find some unique offerings that will add to your display.
- Round it all out with a beautiful ring-bearer’s pillow (I make mine from antique linens) and you’ll be the star of the wedding even if you aren’t there.
- Create a “Shower Room,” with the room was geared for a baby shower, wedding shower, adoption shower—you-name-it-shower. It makes gift selection easy and painless—and encourages spending.
—Helen Hart Momsen