As the sun sets on summer vacations, it’s time for students to go back to school. Here are a few tips to make sure you’re well poised for tapping into this profitable personalization market:
- While most back-to-school shopping is done in-store, parents tend to browse online first, so make sure you update your website.
- Parents aren’t your only audience—48 percent of parents say that children make or influence their purchases.
- Instead of just listing great prices, include product images from things kids enjoy in your marketing.
- Offer big discounts weeks before school starts to reach the percentage of parents who shop online.
- Promote a family day with free school supplies giveaways. Get imaginative with your incentives.
- Don’t forget teachers! Almost all teachers end up paying out of pocket for classroom supplies.
—Alesha Yaney, Unisub